Monday, August 22, 2011

Rose McGowan Reveals How She Got Her '10-Head' 'Conan' Look

Rose McGowan plays evil sorceress Marique in the new "Conan the Barbarian" film, but her exaggerated forehead - aka her "10-head," as she called her character's look, was simply down to movie magic.
"The studio asked if I would shave my eyebrows and my hairline back to here, and I said, 'Sure, if you give me $5 million," Rose laughed as she visited Kit Hoover on Access Hollywood Live on Wednesday.


Instead, the look of Marique was crafted in a makeup room.
"I sat from around 2 in the morning until about 7 in the morning," she explained.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: From ‘Charmed’ To ‘Conan’ — It’s Rose McGowan

In "Conan," which opens this Friday, Rose stars alongside Jason Momoa in the title role, and the former "Game of Thrones" actor impressed her on set.
"He's a doll," she said of the actor. "I call him like, the sweetest barbarian there ever was.
"He's so amazing in this part," she added. "He's what [original Conan creator] Robert E. Howard [imagined].... Jason looks like he just stepped out of the pages of the comic book. Jason looks like he was born to battle with a big sword."

No comments:

Post a Comment