Saturday, September 17, 2011

HOT CELEBRITIES: Brad Pitt: Jen Aniston wasn't dull, I was























Brad Pitt would like to clear a few things up.
In an interview with Parade magazine, Pitt reflects on what life was like in the '90s. He tells the mag that he spent a lot of time "trying to hide out" and escape the "full celebrity cacophony." His hide-out process, he said, involved sitting on the couch with a joint in his hand, and eventually he started to feel "pathetic."
Here's where his ex Jennifer Aniston comes in: Pitt tells Parade that "It became very clear to me...that I wasn’t living an interesting life myself...I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t."

However, Pitt says in a statement given to CNN that he wasn't insinuating he was unhappy or bored because he was with Jennifer Aniston, and that whatever issues he was dealing with at the time were because of his own actions.
“It grieves me that this was interpreted this way," Pitt, 47, says of his quote about his ex. " Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.”

Brad Pitt: I'm so happy to have Angelina
















At 47, Brad Pitt can say he's a satisfied man. But if you go back about 15 years, the actor says he was far from content.
“I spent the ‘90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic," Pitt tells Parade magazine in this weekend's issue.
"It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself," he continues. "I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t."

These days, as a parent of six alongside partner Angelina Jolie, Pitt's found a sense of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment