Monday, January 23, 2012

HOT CELEBRITIES: Rachel McAdams is happy to live in Toronto


Hannes Magerstaedt/Getty Images
Hollywood starlet Rachel McAdams could live anywhere she pleases (sunny California springs to mind!), but the Canadian actress likes her home and native land just fine.
After starring in films such as "The Notebook," "Sherlock Holmes," and "Midnight in Paris," the world is her oyster. Yet, instead of the bright lights of Paris and glamour of New York City, McAdams has chosen to call Toronto her home.
"I like living where we have socialized health care," McAdams told the Scotsman. "I don't have to own a car, I can ride my bike around the city, and I can potter about in my garden. The longer I'm there, the fewer reasons I have to leave."
Besides health care, transportation, and gardening (who knew McAdams had a green thumb?), it seems living a simple life also helps "The Vow" star with her acting. The 33-year-old said she took one year off in 2005 to get a taste of normal life after filming "Mean Girls," "Wedding Crashers," and "The Family Stone."
"If you want to tell stories as truthfully as possible, you need a normal, boring existence," said McAdams on her time-out from acting. "I had been working on back-to-back movies, without any breaks, and I wanted my life back. So, I had to trust that it would all work out."
With roles in "State of Play" and "The Time Traveler's Wife," it seems the break didn't hurt McAdams's career in the least. Plus, it seems T.O. isn't a bad locale for the actress, as her latest flick, "The Vow," was filmed in the Canadian city.
With a thriving career, socialized health care, and time for gardening, everything seems to be coming up roses for McAdams.



Recomended Related Web Postings:
Rachel McAdams dazzles at "The Vow" premiere
McAdams: Film sets are "too distracting" for romance
Oops! Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace wear nearly-identical outfits to "Sherlock Holmes 2" premiere

No comments:

Post a Comment