Monday, October 10, 2011

HOT CELEBRITIES: Tilda Swinton: Acting career was a 'major mistake'


Tilda Swinton: Acting career was a 'major mistake'
October 10th, 2011

Is Oscar-winning actress Tilda Swinton over her job?
According to UK paper the Express, the 50-year-old actress says that despite an Academy Award (for “Michael Clayton”) and rave reviews, she’s been trying to get out of the movie business.
"I'm not really interested in acting,” Swinton reportedly told the paper. “I've given up waiting for an epiphany of interest to strike. Acting is a red herring and a major mistake and I'm still trying to get back on track. Every time I’m in a film I’m determined it’s the last I’m in then I’ll fall into a conversation with someone and we’ll cook up a new scheme. Basically it’s gone on for 20 years but I’m hoping to pull it to a close shortly.”

It doesn’t look like that will happen any time soon. Swinton stars in the upcoming film “We Need To Talk About Kevin.” And she has three other movies in the works, including Wes Anderson’s “Moonrise Kingdom."
Still, Swinton insists she doesn’t want to make movies, saying, “I don’t want there to be films. It’s not like I’m looking for opportunities to do things.”
She knows exactly what she’d like to do with her time: “I would like an opportunity to have a good sleep and get on with some writing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment