Friday, December 23, 2011

HOT CELEBRITIES NEWS: George Michael, Rihanna, Michael Douglas

George Michael: "It was ‘touch and go’ if I would survive pneumonia"

George Michael

“It was basically by far the worst month of my life," George Michael told a news conference Friday in London, "but I’m incredibly, incredibly, fortunate to be here and fortunate to have picked up this bug where I did, because apparently the hospital in Austria where they rushed me to was absolutely the best place in the world I could have been."
- Advertisement - Visit the TD RINK at the Brink Enjoy ice skating just a snowball’s throw from the brink of the Falls!
Dec 23, 2011
George Michael has revealed it was “touch and go” as to whether he would survive his battle with pneumonia.
The 48-year-old singer is back in the U.K. after overcoming the life-threatening illness. He held a press conference outside his north London home Friday, admitting he came close to death while at the AKH hospital in Vienna, Austria, and revealing doctors spent “three weeks keeping him alive.”
“I’d say it was touch and go for a few weeks. And I played it down, I didn’t want to worry my fans too much and I’m really sorry that I couldn’t contact them in any way before now, but I was in no state to.
“It was basically by far the worst month of my life, but I’m incredibly, incredibly, fortunate to be here and fortunate to have picked up this bug where I did, because apparently the hospital in Austria where they rushed me to was absolutely the best place in the world I could have been. So I have to believe that somebody still thinks I’ve got some work to do here.”
Michael had to cancel all the remaining dates on his Symphonica Tour after being hospitalized, but he intends to go back on the road when he is well enough and play all the shows.
He is also going to play a special private concert for the medical team to say thank you for “saving his life”.
Holding back tears, the emotional star explained: “Without question the plan is to play to absolutely every person who had a ticket, and also actually I would like to play one other show for the doctors in the hospital in Austria who saved my life, because I’ve spent the last 10 days since I woke up thanking people for saving my life, which is something I’ve never had to do before and never want to do again.”
When asked what had kept him going, he said: “My family, the thought of all the people I still have to play to, the fact that I have been so lucky and the fact that I still have plenty to live for. I have an amazing, amazing, life, and if I wasn’t spiritual enough before the last four or five weeks, I certainly am now.”

Dutch magazine editor ousted after racial slur against Rihanna

Rihanna
Kirk McKoy/MCT
The editor of a Dutch fashion magazine has been fired after using a racial slur referring to Rihanna.
- Advertisement - Visit the TD RINK at the Brink Enjoy ice skating just a snowball’s throw from the brink of the Falls!

Dec 21, 2011

AMSTERDAM — The editor of a Dutch fashion magazine has been fired after using a racial slur referring to Barbados-born Rihanna that set off a social media furor and prompted an outraged response from the singer.
Eva Hoeke, editor of “Jackie,” and the magazine’s publisher said in a joint statement on Facebook that Hoeke’s use of a racial slur — “although without malicious intentions” — was cause for her departure after eight years on the job.
Hoeke said she was unaware the word was so loaded because “you hear it all the time on radio and TV.” It was used in an article on how to dress your daughter like a pop star.
By Wednesday, the Facebook apology had attracted hundreds of comments, many condemning Hoeke but some saying the reaction was overblown.
Michael Douglas’ son gets 4 ½ years added to drug offence sentence

- Advertisement - Downtown Toronto Hotels Five central Toronto hotels offering unequaled discounts and specials.

Dec 21, 2011

NEW YORK, N.Y. — The imprisoned son of actor Michael Douglas has been sentenced to spend 4 ½ years in prison beyond the five years he already is serving for drug offences.
The sentence was announced Wednesday by federal Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan. The judge criticized the government for being too lenient on Cameron Douglas after he repeatedly violated prison rules by arranging to get drugs. The judge said the violations included four instances in which a lawyer smuggled drugs into prison for Douglas in her bra.
The 32-year-old Douglas asked the judge to give him another chance at treatment. Berman recommended he be sent to a prison facility that can offer him drug treatment and mental health care.
Douglas was first arrested in July 2009 for dealing methamphetamine from a high-end Manhattan hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment